Visit Stack Exchange I have recently been given Administrative rights to help maintain e PO on my companies network.Microsoft is aware of this issue and has published KB2938053 which has a small Exchange2013-KB2938053-Fix script to fix the issue.The cause of the issue lies in XML files containing invalid XML markup in the form of “comments” which prevents .The issue was also blogged on by fellows Jason Sherry, Paul Cunningham while Tony Redmond has additionanal background details here.Products experiencing the issue are Trend Micro Scan Mail, Mc Afee Email Security (Group Shield), Symantec Mail Security for Exchange, AVG for Servers, ESET Mail Security for Exchange and Code Two Exchange Rules.Products from other vendors may be affected as well.I don't know why this occurs the way it does..just does.If you check the machine's "About" listing individually, it will probably properly list the product, but it wont be listed in e PO.
This might be a bit late for you as you asked a good while ago.
I've tried this several different times over the course of a week now, giving plenty of time (at least 24 hours) between the uninstall and reinstall but the issue still remains in e PO.
I've done some searching online and see that other people have been suffereing from this same problem (link), but the only "solution" that has been repeated over and over was to uninstall/reinstall, which like I said before, is not working for some of my machines. I haven't found a full answer to the question I have asked, but for anyone who might be struggling with the same issue: A temporary work around is to harass the e PO server until it complies with the request.
If you have more then 3 to 5 machines being affected by this issue, I would recommend doing this in very small batches, as it can affect network performance significantly.
Typically, I have to do 3 to 4 cycles of all of the above steps to get the machines to react properly.
while I have some limited exchange experience and AD too. I don't wanna crash their server for a week and have them need to get someone to recover it. is it supposedly as easy as to click an 'update' button and to reboot your server..